BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, October 17, 2009

I'm Bugged - How to get through a Nor'easter




I'm in beautiful Ocean City MD and in between Nor'easters I whiled away an hour in the book store - like I don't have enough books on my TBR list. I picked up a copy of Asimov's Science Fiction and lo and behold, there was Jeff Carlson on the cover. If you read my previous post you'll remember I reviewed his post-apocalyptic novel Plague Year. I loved the book so I was forced to buy the magazine and read his short story, A Lovely Little Christmas Fire.

"It's a sprightly tale in which two intrepid bug-hunters must dampen the holiday spirit of some “macho” termites as they all make an unholy mess of the holiest of Christian holidays."

It seems Carlson likes to write about bugs. I like to read about bugs. They seriously creep me out, even more than Zombies do. Actually, I like Zombies. There's not much that bugs me. Get it.
Anyway, I enjoyed the story. Pick up a copy of the December 2009 issue. It's all good.



TwitThis

0 comments: