BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, November 28, 2010

The Curtis Reincarnation by Zathyn Priest


I participated in Goodreads M/M October Pick-It-For-Me Challenge. What's a Pick-It-For-Me Challenge? Well, all those who sign up for the monthly challenge are paired up with others. I chose a book for my pickee (more on that book later) and someone chose a book for me. The books chosen must be new and unfamiliar, not a book already on the reader’s bookshelf. Opinions and reviews are posted. It’s a great way to learn about new authors and books you might not have otherwise read.



The book chosen for me was The Curtis Reincarnation by Zathyn Priest.


Synopsis

"Jordan's got a good life. He's got his own web business, a fat cat for a pet and his own house, which he shares with his sister -- oh well, nothing's perfect. Also not perfect is not having someone special to share his life with. His sister Rebecca believes it's because he's too picky and too unapproachable, but Jordan just wants someone to do the Sunday crossword with, take walks with, someone who'll be his mate for life. Is that really too much to ask?


One night Rebecca drags Jordan to a Tyler Curtis concert. Tyler is a notorious bad boy who treats his audience with contempt and sleeps with a different groupie every night, and Rebecca is determined to be tonight's groupie. Jordan is there under protest. At least he is until he meets the man beneath the crass, bad boy image. Will Jordan get to know the true Tyler or will Tyler's manager and a world wanting the man to match the image conspire against them?"

****

I enjoyed the book and gave it 4 stars on Goodreads. That being said it wasn’t without flaws. I love the men and how they interact, but I found Tyler a bit naïve and once in awhile I found myself thinking who says things like that. Jordan’s sister is totally obnoxious. I know she’s meant to be annoying but sometimes it’s over the top. On the other hand the villains are truly evil, the kind you love to hate.

This is a story of self-discovery, courage and romance. The plot is a wonderful mix of drama, humor and steamy sex and I’ll be looking for more from Zathyn Priest

Amazon Kindle Edition:












Bookmark and Share

0 comments: